Monday, October 2, 2017

The new ferry at Harborside


The new Harborside New York Waterway Ferry opened today. It runs all day, every fifteen minutes, to Battery Park City/Brookfield Place, for six dollars. It also runs every half hour during commuter hours to midtown 39th street, which is nine dollars.

I took the Harborside ferry this morning to Battery Park/Brookfield Place. Then I tried hopping onto the M20 bus to Lincoln Center but took the bus in the wrong direction so I got off at the last stop which is their South Ferry stop. He dropped me at Broad and South, which meant I had to walk down to the Staten Island Ferry in order to cross FDR drive.

Then I walked up to Pier 11/Wall Street Ferry, and took the East River NYC Ferry Line (all the NYC Ferries are 2.75, same as MTA) to the Brooklyn stops including Dumbo, South Williamsburg, North Williamsburg, and two more stops. Then we went straight across the East River to the East 34th street ferry. I got off there (the last stop for the East River line) and caught the M34 bus. The bus stop is right next to the ferry.

The M34 in an SBS bus, so I had to use my metro card to buy a ticket before boarding. I took the M34 bus 6th avenue. Then I walked around and eventually took the PATH from 33rd street and 6th home.

I checked out the Amazon store. I was hopeful the salesperson could tell me how to get Alexa Echo to talk to youtube, but she told me there's no way and moreover, as of yesterday, Alexa is not recognizing youtube at all, which wasn't true.

I corrected her but she seemed so sure. Actually, it's only Echo Show that seems to not be speaking to Youtube.

In any case, maybe IFTTT will solve my problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Walking the new East Midtown Greenway

  We were already in the city, on 5th avenue and 20th.  So we took the 6 train to 59th street and walked east and south to get to 54th stree...