Tuesday, October 31, 2017

To Lincoln Center, then Central Park, and then the NY Waterway Bus to 39th street ferry




First I took the path to 33rd then the B train to Columbus circle. I could have taken the D train.

Then I walked up Broadway to the Lincoln Center Plaza, and cut through the Library for the Performing Arts.

After the show I tried going back through the Lincoln Center Plaza to Central Park but it was longer then taking 66th and I got lost in the park.

Eventually I got to Bethesda Fountain. Heard some music. 

Then walked due South to 6th avenue and 57th.  Here's where it got fun.

I tried to get the Waterway bus on 6th avenue but missed the bus because 6th avenue is one way and I was on the wrong side as I saw it go by. So I ran up 6th and crossed the street but it was just leaving from a stop so I ran up 6th avenue further and took a right on 57th and ran to the bus stop. I stood and waved butt she drove right by. So I ran non-stop to 7th. She was just closing the doors at the corner of 57th and 7th so I frantically waved my arms at her so she let me on. 

She took 7th down to 49th and took that all the way to the ferry port at 10th and 39th. This bus was still off peak. 

I then waited till 4pm so I could get the ferry to Harborside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Walking the new East Midtown Greenway

  We were already in the city, on 5th avenue and 20th.  So we took the 6 train to 59th street and walked east and south to get to 54th stree...