Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Bronx Zoo


I took the 2 train to Pelham parkway exit because Google maps told me to. I could also have taken the 5.

It took about 15 minutes to walk Boston road to the gate.

I came into the zoo at the Bronx River Gate. It's free on Wednesdays but you have to visit the ticket booth to get a ticket anyway and they guilt you into making a donation. Also you need to shell out the fifteen bucks to see all the exhibits and rides. That upgrade is called Total Experience.


I then visited the world of birds and the bison. I got a good 6 dollar chili at the zoo brews. Then I passed the monorail and left through the Asia gate. 

It's a ten minute walk due South on Boston road South to the West Farms Square Station where I could take either the 2 or the 5. I took the 5 train. 

Next time I would use the West Farms Square Station/East Tremont Avenue. You must include the West Farms Square part in google. Then you can walk to the Asia Gate.

Update: Also the Bronx River gate might be useful, but it only accesses the 2 train, not the 5 train.

Further update: I mapped it out. The easiest way to get to the Bronx Zoo for me is this:
  1. Harborside Ferry to Brookfield Place.
  2. Walk the twelve minutes from the ferry to the 2 or the 3 train. Don't take the 1.
  3. The 2 or 3 go all the way to West Farms Square/East Tremont Avenue. Don't just type in East Tremont Avenue in google. Type in the whole thing. Note: Google doesn't show the 3 train; only the 2. I don't know why. So maybe it's safer to take the 2.
  4. Walk north to the Asia Gate
  5. An alternative is to take the 5 train, also West Farms Square/East Tremont Avenue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Walking the new East Midtown Greenway

  We were already in the city, on 5th avenue and 20th.  So we took the 6 train to 59th street and walked east and south to get to 54th stree...